Thank you Team JPS- Jeffco Public Schools Annual Employee Week of Giving- Over $15,000 raised
Jeffco Public Schools offers an annual week-long employee giving campaign to its staff , to benefitt its nonprofit public education foundation, Jeffco Schools Foundation; a separate, nonprofit organization raising funds on behalf of all Jeffco schools, educators, and students.
Please watch the video above for a special appeal by Superintendent, Dr. Jason Glass, encouraging Team JPS to support Jeffco Schools Foundation.
There are three ways to give
after the week-long campaign:
1) one time/monthly credit card (please indicate you are JPS staff in the notes)
2) payroll deduction
3) checks can also be made out to
Jeffco Schools Foundation and mailed to
581 Conference Place Golden 80401
Information about Payroll Deduction:
what your participation and donations supports
- Educator Leadership & Development- The Foundation provides support for the following projects in 2018/19: Jeffco Talented Teacher, Values Awards recognizing almost 650 staff, Title I Teachers Reception, Diversity and Inclusion Expo for over 400 educators, Bridges to Curriculum.
- Career Pathway Programming- In 2018/19 the Foundation supported the Career Explore Program, supporting 5 high schools, highlighting the capstone projects of several high school students.
- Jeffco STEM Labs Model- Jeffco Schools Foundation accepted funds on behalf JPS from a donor who could work in partnership with a nonprofit, public education foundation like us. JSFoundation awards two grants totaling over $500,000 to open four STEM labs at four Arvada elementary schools, with expansion plans for the middle and high school in 19/20.
- Four District-wide Student Art Shows – Jeffco Schools Foundation adopted and fully funds four district-wide arts shows, which were cut from the JPS budget many years ago. Through the year this program supports arts educators to expose students to the power of art, culminating in elementary, middle and high school exhibits at Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood Cultural Center and the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities..
- Jeffco Summer of Early Learning (JSEL) program serves all qualifying JPS elementary schools and will serve over 1,000 students this summer at 7 sites. Jeffco Schools Foundation funds all items State and Local funds cannot be used, such as teacher professional development/training, project based learning activities, enrichment activities, a nurse to keep our kids safe, transportation and much more! Through JSEL, newly enrolled Kindergarteners are introduced to reading, and while incorporating math literacy, Jeffco's most at-risk, struggling and striving readers receive almost 400 hours of extra literacy time in small groups by the time they reach third grade. Students show growth each week, helping them catch up to grade-level or get ahead of grade level by the end of the program.
- Learning Ally – helps students who need reading accommodations to connect to grade level content. This program uses personalized audio-technology to provide online access to books where ever students and is a particularly helpful intervention for dyslexic students or kids who process reading at different paces. This year the program is in 35 schools supporting over 1,000 learners.
- Hero Awards Program– is an effort to publicly recognize and highlight one JPS educator from an elementary, middle and high school who have gone above and beyond the call of teaching and to continue to serve their students despite personal challenge. It also recognizes para-professional staff who are the bedrock of a school, but whose selfless contributions to students often is not recognized outside of their school community. We also honor four high school seniors, who beyond all odds, have made it towards graduation, providing full scholarships and classroom grants to support these individuals. Funds raised support other Foundation scholarship programs which connect students to their dreams after JPS.